We are searching for a Wheat breeder (m/f/d).
Within the cereal breeding team and under the responsibility of the cereal department leader you will work within a
young, dynamic company and team, where creative and autonomous candidate with excellent relationship skills
will be highly regarded.
Your missions :
- Develop wheat varieties for the French market
- Define the short and long term objectives of the breeding program in relationship with development and marketing teams
- Evolve and implement the breeding strategy for this market in close cooperation with the European breeding team
- Manage the breeding program with full integration of available breeding technologies and conduct assessment of breeding material
- Scoring and analyzing breeding data
- Manage a motivated breeding team dedicated to the program
- Scientific support of research projects with external partners
- Participate in the management of the station, ressources and work organisation
- Promote innovation
Your profile :
- Master or doctorate/PhD in plant breeding, agriculture sciences or related
- Minimum 3 year’s of experience in practical breeding
- Solid knowledge in breeding methodology
- General competence in statistics, data management, presentation and reporting
- Strong interpersonal, organisational and analytical skills as well as leadership skills
- Travelling in France and Europe occasionally
- Fluent English and French
This position is based at our new breeding station in Terminiers (30 km North of Orléans).
CV will be collected until a suitable candidate is hired.
If interested, please send a cover letter and CV in relation to the essential job duties and responsibilities along to firstname.lastname@example.org